Sunday, November 1, 2009

HaLLowEEn

Here's my two little devils ;) They had SO much fun! Xander got to dress up for school the day before and went to another party at a friend's house, so he got to spend plenty of time as a transformer - he kept wanting to see himself in the mirror :D Maggie was slowed a bit by the stairs leading to the doorsteps, but she pushed her way through, nabbed some candy, said thank you, and took off sprinting in any given direction. It was pretty hilarious to see her run so fast in that outfit. But what could be more fun than having people give you candy just for looking cute?

Bumblebee

Little Miss Witch

Halloween morning the stake here put on a 5k. I know that's small beans to many of you, but I've wanted to do one for a long time. I am not what you would call a runner. But I had high hopes of not finishing last. It was a lot harder than I was planning - it was all on grass and it was super cold. The grass was a nightmare for my poor knees and the cold, dry air burned. But I'm glad I did it! My parents and my brother and sister came and brought the kids to cheer me on and the kids got to run in a race too! And I just might be starting to like running...

7 comments:

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

Those are some cute costumes:)

Kelly Ann said...

Those costumes are so cute. Maggie looks like she is getting taller. I applaud you for running the race. I hate running so that is quite a feat to do that. Congratulations!

Amy said...

Way to go! I have still yet to run a 5k. That was on my goal list for 2009. Blah. Way cute Halloween pictures!

Aaron and Julie said...

I love maggie's costume she is a cute witch, and I must say that xander is one of the best transformers I have ever seen. You will have to tell him I loved his costume especially since that was pretty much all he would talk about before you left!!
Good job at keeping busy and the 5k I just think its hard running in utah. The elevation is killer!!

Bill Gates II said...

I love Maggie's costume. Soooo cute! Congrats on the race. Keep up the hard work:)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Sally said...

OK, don't know how I missed those updates from November, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stripey orange leggings :D Your kids are so cute, and you look great! 5K, way to go! That's way more running than I aspire to. Are you still doing it? How is OH?? When I got your email I couldn't believe it, and then of course i never got around to following up. We miss y'all too!