Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Firemans and Tutus

Well, thanks to Amy, I thought I'd try this fondant thing. She makes it look so easy...so I made this for my grandma's birthday and my mom and sisters helped a lot with the decorating. Not too bad for my first try :/

in the helicopter
We visited the fire station for the open house last week. They had so many fun things - for the kids, he had a blast! Then followed an afternoon of "Do firemans wear their hats to go potty?" "Do firemans take their shoes off to go to bed?" "Do firemans hang up their hats?" and so on. Needless to say, he now worships "firemans."

Something else I've been procrastinating. So we spent the last warm afternoon doing this. She had so much fun playing with all the pretty necklaces. Thanks to my wonderful SIL who taught me to make the tutu.

9 comments:

scott said...

Hey Jami don't tell the kids how you got all those beads. i luv you

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! You and I are like soul sisters! I just finished making my girls tutu's for halloween! They are so fun! Those pictures of M are so precious! Great job on the cake!

Mommydew said...

Those are some adorable pictures! The fireman, the tutu..love it!

Kayla J said...

ahh maggie is so cute!!!

ps the recipes are up!! :)

Net said...

so, you wanna teach me how to make those ADORABLE tutus?

Aaron and Julie said...

So cute, I want a tutu... and that cake looks yummy!! I do miss xander and his extreme infatuation with things and telling you all about them!!!

Wendi said...

I wanted to do a class on tutu making for the blitz but missed the meeting. blah. I love those things! So cute! Especially on her! She looks ADORABLE!

Jen York said...

So cute, Jami!! The kids look bigger to me already. I hope that you're all doing very well. We miss you!

JENNIFER said...

These are very adorable pics of mags in her tutu! I am sure you made one for yourself--for the welcome home party of course ;) the kids are getting sooo big!! I can't believe it, I love those halloween costumes