Wednesday, February 10, 2010

TMI

So. I feel like we fell off the face of the earth there for awhile. Where do I start? :D

November was definitely crazy. We had a great time visiting Scott’s sister in the San Fran area. I busted out a couple of Christmas I-Spy quilts for Christmas presents, a baby quilt for a friend, and got things ready for Xander’s birthday party. Actually, my mom helped with most of those things – I couldn’t have done them by myself!

Aquarium with some cousins


a little monster birthday bash

and Scott even got to be there …but he looked a little different than we remembered ;)

Scott got a new driver's license (since his wallet was stolen in Colombia), we all packed up. Scott and Maggie flew back to Dallas while Xander, She-Ra, and I drove. BTW, the drive was a little bit of a nightmare. I barely moved along snow-packed and icy roads in southern UT and CO. The second day, I look in the rear view mirror to see my trunk bobbing up and down and just imagine everything flying out down the freeway. Turns out I was only missing one bag – the one with everything I was wearing that night to the graduation dinner and some new clothes I had gotten from an early Christmas. I turned around and I couldn’t believe the bag was sitting in the middle of the road in front of the gas station I had just been at two miles ago. But I didn’t remember leaving my favorite D&G sunglasses in the gas station restroom till it was too late. Dropped the dog off at my aunts. Left Xander with Scott’s parents at the hotel and got dressed. Went to the graduation dinner. Scott got a couple of awards, he tied for Class Clown =/


Scott’s graduation. Man, was this a long time coming! I’m SO proud of him

Scott’s parents took the kids home with them and Scott and I headed up to Cleveland for a job interview. Job: check. Down to Mississippi for Christmas.

grrr baby. grrr

Back to Dallas to pack the storage unit into a truck. Since we weren’t able to find a house while we went there before, we stayed in a hotel while we looked for a place. House: check. Great ward: check. Now things start falling apart. Scott’s car won’t start because it was over heating in TX and he put some water in it, which has now frozen. The job we were so excited about turned out to be a scam. So we both scrambled around looking for jobs but nothing worked out. One month and $3000 later, we came to MS to hang out with family while Scott finishes up his tests and gets licensed.

I think that’s about it. We appreciate everyone's help, support and well wishes!

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh! how crazy! i had no idea all this was going on! so yall are in Mississippi? Crazy! i hope things get better soon!! miss you!!

Net said...

Holy crap!
Seriously, whoa. Are you okay now? Where are you now? MS? How long before Scott gets licensed? I'm SO sorry to hear about the job in Cleveland! That is horrible! And sad about your glasses too. :(
I'm kinda at a loss for what else to say-- if there is anything we can do I hope you know we'd do it in a heartbeat.

Net said...

p.s.
the pics of Xander's party are AWESOME! I might just have to steal that idea. And I wish I could get a better look at your I Spy quilt - that looks amazing. And all that amidst the craziness going on? You're amazing.

Jamie and DaLena said...

Jami that totally sucks!!! I cannot BELIEVE everything fell apart. Urgh. I feel so bad...if you come back out this way and need anything let us know.

Cute pics and way nice quilt though, why didn't we quilt together? (more like you show me how :) You're in our prayers for things to get better for you all.

Jen York said...

Jami, what a nightmare! I can't believe it. I hope that everything is settled down for a little bit now. You've gone through quite a bit this year. It's a good thing that you can always find the joy in the journey. I hope everything is well and we'll keep you in our prayers. ps my hair needs you back...bad. Wanna come visit? :)

Tracy Haws said...

oh jami...call me!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

It seriously breaks my heart that it didn't work out in cleveland. I honestly have had you on my mind and was thinking I should call you...was just letting you get settled I suppose. :) Hoping you see a brighter time ahead of you and that there is promise of good things. You are so strong... :) hang in there!

Kelly Ann said...

Oh my goodness! What a crazy life. I am sorry to hear about the job. I am sure he will find something. So are you guys living in MS now or still in Cleveland? I second Jenifer with the haircut idea. We miss you guys. Things will get better soon.
P.S. Really cute pictures. I love the quilt.

Emily said...

I hope things work out for you guys there in MS! The pictures of you and Scott at graduation is so good! You guys look great. Yours kids are so cute, too. :)